Reduce height of ceiling to improve heating

Christ. Tall ceilings in Victorian properties are selling points. A false ceiling, apart from looking crap will take more value off your house than it will ever cost to heat it. Let alone the cost of the false ceiling. You’ll need to be there for 100 years to recoup your expenditure.

Sponsored Links
Christ. Tall ceilings in Victorian properties are selling points. A false ceiling, apart from looking crap will take more value off your house than it will ever cost to heat it. Let alone the cost of the false ceiling. You’ll need to be there for 100 years to recoup your expenditure.

What about the saving in wallpaper and the effort involved in getting tall pairs of steps out, every time a light bulb needs changing :)

Sponsored Links
I have very high ceilings (old victorian property).

Can a fake ceiling be added to reduce the overall height and improve insulation? If so, what products would be used? I also have a loft space above which doesnt have a membrane, so despite a lot of insulation up there i could be losing extra heat.

How thick is the insulation on the existing ceiling?

Roofing membrane does not keep the bedrooms warm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back