Reduce their bloody pensions its unsustainable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
They are quite welcome to keep their pension.

If they can find a way of funding it that doesnt take more tax from poor and middle earners.

They can't get more out of corporate tax (we are already higher than a number of countries), this would clearly be bad for the country.

They can't get more out of rich people because, 1. they will never pay it (bitch and moan all you want, facts are facts) 2. even if the top 10% paid 100% tax AND paid it, it would still only generate an extra 50 billion (out of a 126 billion deficit).

So they are quite welcome to keep their pensions, if they can find that magic money pot.

Until then, rotten eggs are on standby if any protests happen near me.

:LOL: they`ll be stroking their own trucheons and tasering their own tadgers :p

Sponsored Links
They are quite welcome to keep their pension.

If they can find a way of funding it that doesnt take more tax from poor and middle earners.
Most public sector pension plans are sustainable...

Stop swallowing the Govrnment line in the race to the bottom... ;)

Most public sector pension plans are sustainable...

public sector black hole + google = 2million results

here is one http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/pensiondeficits2012.pdf

feel free to rebut me with your own non union sources.

Why not unions?

take this quote from unision.

is a simple raid on public sector pensions as an additional way of the government paying of the bankers bail out debt

because it's simply emotional ******, the deficit of 126 billion has nothing to do with bank bailouts, that was a one off cost (so nothing to do with the deficit), that will pay back at least half of it's money in share sales.

The government is paying in less money, because it doesnt have it, feel free to find an extra 126 billion pounds yearly government income.

I mean seriosly, think about this, there is not "pot of money", that funds public sector pensions, it's paid for by government.

Stop swallowing the Govrnment line in the race to the bottom... ;)

"Race to the bottom" what a stupid union line, they argue that if we "race to the bottom" it will stop pensions getting better.

Better for who?

Yup, we are at the bottom, and they are standing on our shoulders.

Ah, Aron...

I think the phrase is 'one spawned every minute'... ;)

Individual public schemes are sustainable...

Therefore successive governments have raided them and then blamed those contributing of 'robbing the public purse'...

Your quoting of the tax payers alliance so called analysis merely shows up your inability to see the overall picture since your argument is driven by ideology rather than facts... :rolleyes:

I think the phrase is 'one spawned every minute'... icon_wink.gif

Feel free to post links backing up your claim, I have, you haven't.

Public sector pensions are generous compared to the private sector, and the longevity of people was constantly underestimated.

_49408602_pensions_who_pays_464.gif

And it will only get worse as people live longer and longer.

The government has a 126 billion pound deficit, you simply wish to look at pension as if their costs exist in a bubble separate from any other government spending.

http://www.economicpolicycentre.com...pension-liabilities-understated-by-1trillion/

Under the freedom of information act its just been disclosed what the liability is for the public sector pension fiasco. Frightening and unsustainable

What gets me is that these public sector idiots seem oblivious to what going on in the country/world/ europe, one of these idiots had a placard stating "fair pension for all !" its a two tier system already !

This coupled with experiences in dealing with some public sector cretins..........
they couldn't hold a job down in the private sector, just too thick and cossetted from real life.

Ah, Aron...

I think the phrase is 'one spawned every minute'... ;)

Individual public schemes are sustainable...

Therefore successive governments have raided them and then blamed those contributing of 'robbing the public purse'...

Your quoting of the tax payers alliance so called analysis merely shows up your inability to see the overall picture since your argument is driven by ideology rather than facts... :rolleyes:

Have you not read Lord Hutton's report ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm lumbered with a number of teachers and other public sector workers in my family. Every single one of them is having a good old moan about the propect of their pensions being worth a little bit less than they had always thought, but when I point out that the recession caused by the last Labour governments massive overspending on the public sector has caused my own private pension fund to lose far more in projected benefits than they'll ever have to swallow I just get brushed aside.

I usually go on to point out that I've had to pour every single penny of the money I've saved on my mortgage with interest rates being so low into my pension and other savings just to try and make up the shortfall. When I then ask what it is that THEY have done with their windfalls due to the low interest rates on their mortgages I never seem to get a straight answer.

Oh, and I haven't had a payrise in 3 or 4 years either!

I usually go on to point out that I've had to pour every single penny of the money I've saved on my mortgage with interest rates being so low into my pension and other savings just to try and make up the shortfall.

You don't think you are pouring good after bad there do you.

Someone I know employed by the council used to get 75p a mile for using his own car 10 years ago........his petrol allowance paid his mortgage, his words.

You are spot on. I have first hand of this, as my brother works for the local council. He lives on his own in a detached bungalow with a very small mortgage that was helped by his expenses, although these have been trimmed a bit recently.

He drives a Merc, has a very good salary, gold-plated pension, flexi-time, days off in lieu, generous fully paid holidays (almost 6 weeks p.a. plus Bank Holidays) - he always seems to be off on some bloody foreign holiday or other. He hopes to retire in his late 50s, like older colleagues have.

He admits he has very little stress at work, and would never consider working in the private sector. At the end of the financial year, if his office hasn't used all of their expenses budget, they buy new laptops, phones etc, or they are worried the budget will be cut if not used.

What vital job does he do - weights and measures man. Jammy barsteward!

I usually go on to point out that I've had to pour every single penny of the money I've saved on my mortgage with interest rates being so low into my pension and other savings just to try and make up the shortfall.

You don't think you are pouring good after bad there do you.

Quite possibly, but if I don't save and invest for my own retirement in one form or another then I'd just be reliant on the state pension - and I'm not laying odds on that still existing in another 25 years!

It will still exist, or they will find the grey population hanging them.

What will happen however is that you will spend your lifetime paying exorbitantly high taxes, and receive a pension worth peanuts.

Sponsored Links
Back