Reducing pressure of handheld shower

• Thread starter Deleted member 307320
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 307320

I've got full mains pressure everywhere in my house, which is absolutely great for filling the kitchen sink and bath quickly, and the shower in the cubicle.

Unfortunately it's far too high for the handheld shower on the bath mixer tap, rinsing hair after a bath sprays water all over the bathroom!

Can I get a pressure reducer which screws on between the mixer tap and shower hose?

Will a screw on flow limiter work, or will it just reduce the flow leaving the pressure uneffected?

Sponsored Links
I've got full mains pressure everywhere in my house, which is absolutely great for filling the kitchen sink and bath quickly, and the shower in the cubicle.

Unfortunately it's far too high for the handheld shower on the bath mixer tap, rinsing hair after a bath sprays water all over the bathroom!

Can I get a pressure reducer which screws on between the mixer tap and shower hose?

Will a screw on flow limiter work, or will it just reduce the flow leaving the pressure uneffected?
Most water companies offer free device to reduce flow , (just received one in the post for kitchen taps) or change spray head for a large head which will make it more comfortable to use.

See also

UK Water Companies Which Offer Free Water-Saving Devices​

• Affinity Water customers can request a free Buffaloo Cistern Bag, water-saving shower heads and a shower timer.
  • Bristol Water Free water saving kit including tap inserts, Buffaloo Cistern Bag, shower regulator and shower timer as well as swell gel for gardeners and a toothy timer.
  • Cambridge Water offer water saving freebies via the Get Water Fit app.
  • Essex and Suffolk Water offer a water saving kit which includes free a shower regulator, shower timer and a tap inserts. Sign up to the Get Water Fit app.
  • Portsmouth Water offer customers in it's region a big selection of water saving devices via Get Water Fit .
  • Severn Trent Water offer a free water saving kit via the Get Water Fit app to customers as well as offering subsidised water butts for gardeners to collect rainwater.
  • South East Water have a selection of free water saving devices for their customers, including a shower head and regulator, cistern bags, tap insets and a toothy timer.
  • Southern Water also use Get Water Fit, and you can get a water saving kit through them.
  • South Staffs Water offer free water-saving gadgets via Get Water Fit.
  • SES Water are currently offering customers free devices by signing up to the Get Water Fit app.
  • South West Water customers can apply for a toilet cistern insert, replacement shower head and shower and tap inserts as well as a shower timer.
  • United Utilities will send customers a free water saver pack via the Get Water Fit app.
  • Welsh Water/Dwr Cymru Cyf also use the Get Water Fit app to provide water saving kits to their customers.
  • Wessex Water customers can request a selection of watersaving devices including shower timers, a Save-a-flush and water aeraters
  • Yorkshire Water Customers can order a free water saving pack which includes a Buffaloo cistern bag, shower regulator, 4 minute shower timer and leaky loo strips.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back