Reduced hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: I have just fitted a new bathroom suite including a new mixer shower. Since fitting everything my hot water supply pressure on the same floor as the hot tank seems to have decreased dramatically. My system is a gravity feed. I kept the feed to the shower in 22mm until it teed of for the shower under the bath taps, the cold is 15mm. The pressure to the sink and the bath seems to have reduced also and take an age to fill. I drained the tanks fully to fit the new suite. Could some debris have been introduced somewhere which would reduce the pressure?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
most 1/4 turn taps are cartridge inserts and are designed for mains pressure.
designed for a min of 1bar gravity you'll only have about 0.2bar.
and your shower won't be much better running off gravity.
and your shower hot/cold feed should be on it's own supply not from the same as the taps.

I have read several other posts on this subject which suggest it may be an air lock. Could this be the case?

the shower I had fitted previously work fine with a very effective shower it was a round plastic thing which is no longer available. Seems strange how that worked bt this doesn't. Would I be best fitting a pump or power shower instead ? Lot of messing about, would have to remove tiles just fitted.

your shower mixer is not even a thermostatic so your temp will be up and down like a yoyo if someone runs another tap.
it is also recommended that it has 0.5bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back