Redundant Head Tank- I think!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're a bit short of room with the start of a new family in a new home so pushing some junk into the loft seemed like a good idea. However most of the loft is taken up by a head tank which doesn't seem to be filling any purpose. The water inside seems to be stagnant. We've run a few taps upstairs and downstairs and these all seem to be connected directly to the mains. I would love to remove this but how do I know it is safe to do so?
:cry:

Sponsored Links
How big is the tank ? Do you have a combi boiler with filling loop??

Tried following the pipes? How many, how big?

The header tank measures 2ft x 3ft with 2ft depth. The pipe overhanging the tank has a gauge of about an inch and there is a slightlt smaller pipe which connects from the bottom of the tank into the expansion tank.

The boiler is a conventional floor mounted boiler.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the central heating header tank to me....try draining some water out of your radiators and see if it moves then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back