Ree, PBC_1966, misterhelpful. Is This US Presidential Poll Worrying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trump ahead on 38%
Cruz 2nd on 15%.

I'd be interested in hearing from ree, misterhelpful and pbc on this matter.

What's the general feeling in the US about Trump, his campaign, his mad views and chances of getting the top job?

I can't imagine having a Trump in the Oval Office would be acceptable.(pun intended)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
One thing about Trump is that although he's a hot head he has experience running a business, whether or not things get worse with him in office is really down to the faith you have in government being able to provide the solutions to growing economic, environmental and social issues. Personally I don't think real change exists within the system with have, I mean we do the best we can with a monetary system like we have, which is structured around disappropriate disadvantage, inequality and envrionmental destruction. You have to ask yourself whether our entire outlook needs to change. Do we need less than 1% of the population controlling the majority of the land and resources, or should we start utilising the technology we have to help bridge the massive wealth inequality in the world? The solutions to our problems may not be 'profitable' in a capitalistic sense, sadly. We've gotten this far with a world built around fiat/debt currency, but how long can this hold out anyway? Maybe as a species we should start doing what is right, instead of doing what turns profit. Billions of people are still living in abject poverty, perhaps it's time we stopped lying to ourselves that this is just life and that humans are just greedy. Maybe we should take a look at the rule set again to see who is making them and why. I don't believe any one person or government can provide the solution to these problems, the solutions will probably come about in spite of government/politics, as all this is really is a medium for the rich and egotistical and their money handling compadres. Just as with all change, it's a two steps forward, one step back scenario. I don't find it unsurprising that Trump has gained some popularity on the back of slating Islam either, given how disjointed and manipulated peoples world views are thanks to the media, which spends more time drumming up vitriol between religions/races than anything else. I would very much doubt the true colours of the man is reflected in some of the stuff you see him say publically, he's there to win votes, so don't expect any kind of susbtance or rational intellect. ''Muslim bad, America great'', blah blah blah

He's barking. Unfortunately I can see him winning, whilst the higher echelons of American society are incredibly well educated, and knowledgeable, most Americans only care about their day to day existence, and are not knowledgeable about the world. I also feel that American society is largely shaped by big business, be it lobbying of government, payments to senators and congressmen, advertising on TV, large payments to various groups and so on. The scapegoating that Trump indulges in seems to go down well. Some Americans love to project their own insecurities onto minorities.

Running a business and a country are quite different. Yes managerial skills do matter - so those with company experience may well make better managers - but in a company you are constrained in what you can do. In government you can change the law to allow your mad as a box of frogs policies to be adopted ...

I would never have thought that Bush Junior could have won. He is verbally inept, and yet he won.

What would Trump do that he hasn't already? Only thing he's missing is a proper barber

images.duckduckgo.com2.jpg

Attachments

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
I don't really have an interest in politics and, being a US resident and not a citizen, I can't vote in Federal Elections, so don't get a say in it anyway. I just have to hope that whoever gains office won't make a negative personal difference to me. (Wishful thinking!)

Lots of people like the ideas Trump has, and I do like to listen to the things comes out with purely for entertainment value, but don't think half of the things he promises would be remotely feasible. After all, as far as I can tell, the head of the government (as in the UK) is just a front man (or woman) and is not the real decision maker - the advisers are the ones who decide what can and can't be done.

From what I hear people saying, I can't really see Trump becoming President but, if he gains enough momentum and Clinton slips up (or gets taken down) for the Democrats, it could happen. That said, some people around me are worried that he will become POTUS and make the country an even bigger target for terrorism.

These figures only represent the Republican Party's choice of presidential candidate.

Just because the RP has voted top for Trump does not mean the US population will follow suit.

Le Pen in France got voted top but when it came to the elections, she was toast.

At the moment, Trump has 25 to 30% of the vote in polls among the approx. 25% of Americans who identify as Republican. That’s something like 6 to 8 percent of the electorate overall.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/dear-media-stop-freaking-out-about-donald-trumps-polls/

Trump isn't a mug. He knows that somewhere in the world in the coming year there will be terrorist attacks in the West. The voters will then say "Ya know, Donald is ahead of the curve. I can see where he's coming from. He'll keep us much safer than Jeb Bush and all the other boring talentless grey men is suits".

What would Trump do that he hasn't already? Only thing he's missing is a proper barber
View attachment 89962
I'd have said a perruquier.

What, sitting on his shoulder, squawking "who's a pretty boy" ? Well, it's an interesting idea. :)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=perruquier

I know. Though us less sofisstikated (sic) southerners would have said wig maker.

Incidentally that must have been the first use of that word for yonks, and I'm sure you can claim an award, somehow.

View attachment 89962
I'd have said a perruquier.

What, sitting on his shoulder, squawking "who's a pretty boy" ? Well, it's an interesting idea. :)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=perruquier

I know. Though us less sofisstikated (sic) southerners would have said wig maker.

Incidentally that must have been the first use of that word for yonks, and I'm sure you can claim an award, somehow.
I confess I had to google it!

Sponsored Links
Back