Rees-Mogg seeks braying ninnies

C4 are no longer invited to ask questions at the brief - that's what they reported. I wonder if that relates to Dispatches.

:( They broadcast a well known politician talking about selling them to C5 some time ago after he was asked an awkward question.

Sponsored Links
C4 are no longer invited to ask questions at the brief - that's what they reported. I wonder if that relates to Dispatches.

:( They broadcast a well known politician talking about selling them to C5 some time ago after he was asked an awkward question.
I suspect Peston and one or two others will follow, and the way it's going, the BBC might well be joining them.
Tough questions are fine, but thinly veiled personal attacks, no.

I suspect Peston and one or two others will follow, and the way it's going, the BBC might well be joining them.
But the refusal to be interviewed at all, especially at such pivotal moments as leader of your party, are fine with you?
Over the last few weeks, most media broadcasts have been stating, "we asked if the government would like to attend, but no-one was available."

I think most people can perceive when personal attacks occur, just as they can see when politicians hide from scrutiny.

Yet the gutter press print and broadcast what ever they like on the basis that the public needs to know about it etc. The case in question is an example of that. Wrong wording was used. That is the only problem.

BBC and C4 news have their moments but way less than others. They ask people from all parties awkward questions yet some idiots say right wing as that is the side they support. All a bit stupid really when people are well aware that other sources are biased. There fact checks are generally that as well.

One thing I do like is fake news. There is so much about at times now there should be far more people around who will realise it is. :( Don't hold out that much hope though. The next thing people need to do is realise when right is sniping what ever for any reason they can think of. Left and centre too when they start doing more of it. LOL It's the way ahead for everything plus social media spreading it even wider. Might result in most not voting on anything what ever it is. Some already don't for similar reasons.

Sponsored Links
But the refusal to be interviewed at all, especially at such pivotal moments as leader of your party, are fine with you?

Absolutely it's fine with me. If I attempt to engage with people and for my efforts receive nothing but abuse, I simply stop engaging with them.

I simply stop engaging with them.
I bet you're glad you don't hold office in an important position and are accountable to those that elected you. Tough luck if you do. You'll just have to go on answering questions, however uncomfortable and swallow the criticism, boyo.(y)

You'll just have to go on answering questions, however uncomfortable and swallow the criticism, boyo.(y)

Usually they're not actually given the courtesy of being allowed to answer the questions, and therein lies the problem. Journalism has changed dramatically in recent years and not for the better. Perhaps it's time for journalists and certain news outlets to be held to account.

Usually they're not actually given the courtesy of being allowed to answer the questions
FFS!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When asked direct questions they find difficult to answer ALL politicians go off on a tangent and avoid answering the question at all costs.

Courtesy? They deserve everything they get and more, you dithering snowflake.

Usually they're not actually given the courtesy of being allowed to answer the questions, and therein lies the problem. Journalism has changed dramatically in recent years and not for the better. Perhaps it's time for journalists and certain news outlets to be held to account.

Why the BBC and C4

I'm not expecting any sort of sensible answer and they are way way way better than the worst.

FFS!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When asked direct questions they find difficult to answer ALL politicians go off on a tangent and avoid answering the question at all costs.

Courtesy? They deserve everything they get and more, you dithering snowflake.

You clearly don't understand what I'm saying. I have no problem with politicians being faced with tough questions and being allowed to reply.
I do have a problem with politicians being faced with tough questions followed by opinion and then having the mike moved to someone else thereby taking away the opportunity to reply.

I do have a problem with politicians being faced with tough questions followed by opinion and then having the mike moved to someone else thereby taking away the opportunity to reply.
Boo fekkin hoo. Quit watching if you can't stand your beloved Tories getting a pasting. I don't mind seeing any politicians given a rough ride.

Why the BBC and C4
this government don't want to be held account -they don't want their spin and lies challenged so they try and control the media.

this govt are good at getting their supporters to unite against a common enemy: and in media terms that is currently the BBC and C4.

I think we all know why there is "no-one available".
Because their policies are so risible they don't stand up to scrutiny.
I suspect bungling Boris is intentionally kept under wraps because every time he's allowed out he sets another unachievable target.

"Excuse me, Prime Minister. Is this the queue for voting?"
"err, no, errm, well, erm, it's the queue for, err for Ikea."
"I'll join the queue then, We need a decent cabinet."

I agree that the government should be scrutinised, but when BBC1 / BBC2 / ITV / CH4 / SKY and others, not to mention all the paper media seek to ask the same questions. No wonder the govt regularly responds with "nobody is available" as at the end of the day these ministers have a busy day job.
Even when a daily 5pm briefing is made by ministers to update the CV-19 business, the media again expects the government to attend QT, Newsnight and 10'0clock news et al to repeat what they said at 5pm :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back