Refinishing an Ercol table

I was told they closed a few years ago probably because they could not get elm wood any more due to the desease?

I like the designs and have bought a lot of used chairs for £7-£15 each but they are all the dark stained ones because the light colour ones go for a lot of money like £60-£100 each!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Good Lord no, Ercol are alive and well. New plank tables are £900, my used one was under £150, and has a lovely top. I'm off to the Ercol Factory Outlet tomorrow to buy a discontinued but new chest of drawers.

Yes, the light do cost a lot more, according to Furniture Village (yeah, I know, I went there to look at some Ercol stuff, honest) light is by far the most popular.

I wonder if the dark can be stripped and then lightened with oxalic acid? The round table I stripped was light, and the stain was still present after significant sanding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back