Refitting my shower tray (base advice)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello peeps
I am currently up to my neck in an en-suite re-fit, quite enjoying the challenge, my question relates to the refitting of the shower tray. The tray is 1000mm X 800mm composite , i was going to mount it on some 4"X 2" with some ply on top to support it . However a well-meaning mate (self appointed DIY expert) tells me i need to mount the ply or waterproof chip on top of the 4 X 2 and then cement the shower tray to the base, i was simply going to silicone the tray to the base
Any comments / advice
My thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
what does the mi say ?
follow them if you want to keep your warranty.
and don't put it on chipboard. 18mm marine ply etc.

To be honest the instructions that come with the tray are pony. (bath store .com) it only really concerns fitting the tray to a solid floor i dont have that luxury need to raise it for access etc . I thinkcement seems a little over the top but dont want any movement which could affect the seal

Sponsored Links
It might seem over the top - but do you want to have to take the thing out and rebuild later.

With shower trays - belt 'n' braces dear boy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back