Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refitting an en-suite shower room.

I have an alcove (i.e. enclosed on 3 sides) into which I wish to fit a shower tray. The alcove is 800mm wide and 710mm deep. I therefore need a shower tray which is 800mm wide by 700mm deep.

My local merchant can supply a stone cast tray of these dimensions without feet, however, my preference would be for a tray with adjustable feet to make installation much easier. My problem is I cannot find such a beast no matter how hard I search the web. Does anyone know if such a tray exists and where I can get it from?

Assuming that I have to stick with the non adjustable type and have to make a stand for it, I was thinking of using 125mm x 50mm wood with 18mm ply forming the base. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
125mm x 50mm wood with 18mm ply -

sure!

I'm confused :?: by your exclamation mark. Is that a serious response ?

Thanks

Yes - that's fine. Support it in the middle and round the edge. Tray should be supported over its whole area, so use something like mortar or tile cement on top of your ply.

The ones wich come with legs are more expensive but don't seem to be any heavier or thicker, which makes you wonder how much the "support over entire base" is necessary.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
The ones wich come with legs are more expensive but don't seem to be any heavier or thicker, which makes you wonder how much the "support over entire base" is necessary.

yeh they weigh a ton though. you'd soon do your back in if you were fitting those things every day of the week.

ChrisR said:
Yes - that's fine. Support it in the middle and round the edge. Tray should be supported over its whole area, so use something like mortar or tile cement on top of your ply.

I wondered about the support thing as well given that these things weigh a ton. I guess manufacturer is just covering themselves.

Thanks for your reply.

htgeng said:
ChrisR said:

yeh they weigh a ton though. you'd soon do your back in if you were fitting those things every day of the week.

Fortunately I only have the 1 to do :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back