Shower Alcove Face Lift.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am in a bit of a conundrum with my shower alcove. Originally when the house was built in the 1980's the shower alcove was built to imperial measurements( approx 29 inches - 740mm) with an imperial size shower tray etc.

The shower tray was replaced some years ago and a 760mm tray was fitted, and recessed into the plaster board wall by a local trades person.

Recently my shower valve has leaked a the Paramount Plaster Board below is no longer useable.

So I am in the process of a face lift but at a crossroads with which way to proceed.
So do I re-board the alcove to 700mm and fit a new 700mm shower tray and wall board on to the top of the tray or alternatively do I re-board to 720mm and put the 10mm wall board behind the shower tray? Also is it necessary to tank the alcove before fitting the wall board?

All help appreciated.
Skybluebedrock

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back