Refurbishing cavity insulation?

BML

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a between the wars detached bungalow and when I had to replace a damaged brick discovered that the flock insulation only came half way up the cavity whether this was a natural shaking down over the years or simple incompetence dishonesty of the installers I have no idea but it poses the following question.
Would a local authority subsidise rehabilitation of this work? Or indeed if such a situation is possible of recovering.
A supplementary question.
Its possible that I simply missed it but it appears that there is not a forum place dedicated to household insulation.

Sponsored Links
It does settle, but not usually to that extent. I doubt you will get any subsidy to remedy it unless on benefits. You may have a claim against the original installer if you can trace them. Otherwise it's probably worth getting quotes to have it topped up yourself as it will save you money.

It does settle, but not usually to that extent. I doubt you will get any subsidy to remedy it unless on benefits. You may have a claim against the original installer if you can trace them. Otherwise it's probably worth getting quotes to have it topped up yourself as it will save you money.
Ah, but does it work?

Sponsored Links
Does Flock work. I ask the question because surely tests must be made!

Does Flock work. I ask the question because surely tests must be made!

Whatever is used, it needs to not soak up moisture, as it would transfer damp from the outer leaf to the inner as well as rot the ties.

What about externally applied insulation. Does anyone know anything about that?

Whatever is used, it needs to not soak up moisture, as it would transfer damp from the outer leaf to the inner as well as rot the ties.
The question has to be does anyone on this forum know if flock insulation soaks up the moisture because bearing in mind how old the installation is I bet it does which negates any insulation effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back