regassing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been quoted for regassing on my fridge freezer it is a hotpoint frost free . he has told me that it needs regasing and he cannot guarentee as it could leak again. is it worth getting regassed or could it be something else as the temp flucturates and the fan is not working

Sponsored Links
whats the model number .regas will not make the fan work.

whats the model number .regas will not make the fan work.
fffa90.the guy came out and took the back panel off the freezer , there was ice at the top of what i can only describe as a car radiator/ sorry/ .
the temperature has been going up and down from 8 degrees to minus 2 degrees and when i try to fast freeze it wont. the guy checked the fan with a electrical defice and said that it was working but would not work untill sufficient temp was maintained in freezer even though the fridge is now warm. please help. i need to solve this because i dont know what is going on and i nearly parted with 80 pounds for regas

Quite a common fault freezer is ok fridge is warm ,total defrost for 24 hrs is all that it needs , just switch off so ice melts in the tube then turn back on,no regas is needed.

Sponsored Links
Quite a common fault freezer is ok fridge is warm ,total defrost for 24 hrs is all that it needs , just switch off so ice melts in the tube then turn back on,no regas is needed.
cheers for that but is that why the fan is not turning

Yes ice round the fan will stop it ,also it's up to temp in freezer so will not work untill defrost

Minus 20 it kicks in ,doubt it's broken

About 18hrs when freezer is iced up fridge will get cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back