Regenerating Air Gap on a MegaFlow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This maybe a stupid question, but I'd like to try regenerating the air-gap on the Megaflow hot water tank. Do I do this with the system on (i.e. water being heated) or turn it off. Or does it even matter?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Better off but it does not matter!

Follow the instructions on the side of the cylinder.

Unventeds should be serviced annually!

Tony

Thanks, I'll leave it off I think, after we've used the hot water up Saturday morning.

It is a year old this month, and thought I'd get it serviced.

I phoned the company this morning who installed it and they say they don't service them! They'd only service the boiler, because the MegaFlow is just a tank!

That response was very frustrating, don't they want my business!

They went onto say they'd still honour the 2 year warranty on the boiler even if you don't get that serviced.

They really mustn't want any business at all, odd.

"Servicing" one of these doesn't amount to much, just some basic checks really. If they came witha pressure guage you could check most things yourself.
Reestablishing the air gap is simple:
  • Turn off inlet at the cylinder
    Open a hot tap - lowest one in the house
    Open the valve on the side by turning it against its spring, until it stops gurgling. You might have to hold it open
    Turn water back on and hot tap off. Done.

Sponsored Links
Hi

"Turn water back on and hot tap off" Is that sequence important?

I would have turned the hot tap off first, then turn the cold feed back on.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back