Regenerating the bubble in a Megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think that it is time to regenerate the bubble in our Megaflow as we are beginning to see signs of water being discharged via the Tun dish. However, we do not live in the house yet and only need to run the boiler on water once a week as we are not using too much hot water. It must be a year since I last regenerated the bubble.
Is this a reasonable period between fills?
When we are using more hot water, will the period between refills reduce?

(It is a non-vented system with a 1 year old Worcester boiler).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How long was it since you had it serviced?

A common misconception, un-vented cylinders need looked at as regularly as your boiler.

Sponsored Links
I do not know what was done before we bought the house. I think that they had a BG service contract.
In the last two years, our heating technicain has checked the system.

I would have thought that they should really be checking and regenerating the bubble as part of their service then if it's needed?

I found the Megaflow web site and from there contacted their Heat Team. They said 1 to 2 times a year.
However, where does the air go?
What affects the loss of air? Is it the megaflow heating up and cooling down (we are not maintaining it hot as we do not live in the house)?
And so, when we live there, and the water is always hot, will I have to top it up more or less often?

Suck it and see...I fitted one ten years ago which as far as I am aware has never had the bubble topped up.

The air is absorbed into the water...in some areas the air bubble has to be regenerated far more often than once a year. That's the reason why most manufacturers prefer a separate expansion vessel utilising a membrane to prevent air absorption....of course that leads to another issue of air leaking from the vessel...so maintenance is still required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back