Megaflow advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

We have a megaflow system in our house that has been installed since it was built circa 11 years ago.

We keep having problems with water preassure in that you cant run a shower and have a bath at the same time as the pressure is too low - a problem we never used to have when we moved in around two years ago.

I have tried to regenerate the air gap following the instructions on the side and this is where my problem starts,

The water keeps dripping out if the drainer and it keeps gurgling for a good few hours - last count was 4 until i gathered there was a problem and it shouldnt be taking this long, so i closed the valve and turned the mains back on.

Water preasure was slightly better but still poor.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
A registered engineer should check your pressure reducing valve.

Where are you in Hertfordshire? Most of where I work as very good pressure. I have 5 bar at home.:cool:

Thanks Dan.

im located in cheshunt,

I did have someone from the waterboard come out in the summer to check the mains preassure and they said it was fine and within there tollerances.

Yes but what is the pressure and dynamic flow (god I sound like Tony now).

Them saying it is within tolerance is about as much use a chocolate fire guard.

Sponsored Links
my god dan. you do sound like tony. :D OP within tolerance could be min 1bar at 9L a min. which is basically crap. like dan has suggested get someone registered with an unvented ticket. sounds like it needs a good service.

Cant answer the preassure and dynamic flow part im afraid.

Any ideas of the cost to have it serviced and can anyone be recomended in my area?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back