Mega Flow Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just want to say what a good forum this is!

Im having a problem with my MEGAFLOW, its not keeping the hot water HOT for long enough, we have not pressure in the red celinder at the top. The heating works fine but its just the hot water is on for an hour and only lasts for one bath / shower.

Its is a MEGAFLOW, heatrae sadia, 18 months old, unvented - any help would be great.

Thanks Ben

Sponsored Links
Can you give us more details,is the system pressure low,is megaflow upstairs and boiler downstairs for instance?

Thanks

The megaflow is upstairs and boiler downstairs.

system pressure is at 64 degrees.

Hope that helps.

Ben

Sponsored Links
I think you just have a low pressure problem here,somewhere on the boiler or system there is a pressure gauge ,this should read approx 1 bar when cold and 2 bar when hot.
you need to check the pressure and then check the flow and return pipework going to the cylinder.
There should be somewhere to bleed the pipe to get water back into the system.

Ideally there should be an auto air vent at highest point of system but if not a manual air vent you can open with a rad key or screwdriver.

I can't see what the system pressure's got to do with it, as long as it's high enough for the boiler to work. But a 145 litre cylinder won't give much more than a good hot bath, it's designed to reheat in twenty mins or so though.

difficult to make out. but it looks like the sealed system pressure is on 0.

turn the black knob in the picture on until the gauge reads 1.5 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back