I smoke like a chimney

does that make me rubbish aty my job

sheesh

So do I corgiman :LOL:

Trouble is 90% of our work is no smoking policy. :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Needless to say that I dont smoke in a clients house

mind you you can cover it up by saying "spillage test" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I just took offence to tony saying he would think twice about employing a smoker

very rum

Bring me back the days when plumbers where built like barges, pipe smokers and had beards you could hide a badger in. And the male ones were impressive too ;)

corgiman said:
Needless to say that I dont smoke in a clients house

Well in that case thats ( nearly ) alright then and you DO need to say it because there are some who even think its alright to light up in a non smokers house.

Most clients, even if they smoke themselves, dont want others smoking in their houses.

If Paul is wanting to employ someone then there are so many looking for work then it is easier if he takes one of the non smokers.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think that is quite bad tony

all the smokers I know would never dream of lighting up in a clients house (smokers or no) and some wont even smoke in their van!!!!

I smoke in my van and never smoke on a clients property, even when they give me permision for i have known a few that say its ok only to "change" their minds when the bill gets presented :rolleyes:

A three port valve is used with the Vaillant vantage cylinder because they have incorporated other ways of ensuring the cylinder does not overheat. Vaillant boilers have an overheat stat between the 'live out PIN3' and 'switched live in PIN 4' which would drop the power to the motorised valve in the event of an over temp situation developing.

This arrangement rendered the Vantage cylinder incompatible with anyone elses boiler, which is the main reason it has been discontinued. The new Vaillant uniSTOR unvented has two methods of connection, one proprietary (with a thermistor) and the other conventional.

I do not see how a three way valve can safely be used with an unvented even if turned around. If it was in mid position (due to CH demand) I would expect the cylinder to be in danger of overheating. The whole idea of unvented is to have redundancy in the safety systems and a uniformity of installation principles - making the installation safe at the outset and easily maintained by G3 trained personnel thereafter.

I cannot see any point whatsoever in used a three port valve unless the manufacturer specifically mandates it.

sheesh we dont half like making things complicated dont we

just use a two port spring return valve, I dont see the point in breaking ya arse fitting a three port

why

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sheesh we dont half like making things complicated dont we

just use a two port spring return valve, I dont see the point in breaking ya a**e fitting a three port

why
why not it works and adds another bit of complexity to the sys,so when a nvqer looks at it they are completely confused and ask questions sorts the men out from the boys :LOL: :LOL:

sorry bripl i dont get it

I have had a long day and necked rather too much beery goodness :)

thanks simond the point you make was my point all along, i add to the topic at the stat then a few people stared going on about other SAFE ways to install unvented cylinders, i can only see one way, to use a positive energy cut off, no mess around with 3 way valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back