Not enough water pressure for MegaFlow?

Search accumulator on this forum. I have one on a mains cylinder and find it works for me.

Sorry I never read your post properly, You need to know your pressure first, an accumulator will give you plenty of flow but if the pressure is to low it won’t help.

It all very well saying how an accumulator can increase the flow rate and that you are happy with yours.

However, its unfair to say that without mentioning the limitation on how LONG the flow rate is increased!

Typically an accumulator will give out about 30-60% of its volume ( depending on mains pressure ).

So an 100 li accumulator would give about 50 litres of enhancement to the flow rate. If the mains only gives 5 li/min the accumulator could increase that to 10 li/min for a reasonable shower.

BUT it will only do that for 10 minutes ( and will need another 10 minutes to recover in that example ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
Why don't you buy a £7 gauge and check the pressure yourself?

Is your stop cock in the road working and fully open, also the same to your house stop cock?

Thanks, will check that.

Search accumulator on this forum. I have one on a mains cylinder and find it works for me.

Sorry I never read your post properly, You need to know your pressure first, an accumulator will give you plenty of flow but if the pressure is to low it won’t help.

It all very well saying how an accumulator can increase the flow rate and that you are happy with yours.

However, its unfair to say that without mentioning the limitation on how LONG the flow rate is increased!

Typically an accumulator will give out about 30-60% of its volume ( depending on mains pressure ).

So an 100 li accumulator would give about 50 litres of enhancement to the flow rate. If the mains only gives 5 li/min the accumulator could increase that to 10 li/min for a reasonable shower.

BUT it will only do that for 10 minutes ( and will need another 10 minutes to recover in that example ).

Tony

Tony,
You are quite right an Accumulator as anything has pros and cons. Another problem with them is the space they take up. It is a solution and if it’s just a shower in the morning he wants it may do the job. If his incoming mains is to small it may be less costly than replacing it. I have a large accumulator 500l this gives me around 200l before I start to notice any drop in flow, more than enough for me.
Also if the internal pipework is of a reasonable size he could get a lot more than 10 LPM.

Sponsored Links
if your incoming pressure turns out to be too low then it is possible space permitting to fit an accumulator with a mains boost pump. These units are typically 300lt or larger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back