regenerative vs centrifugal pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my quest to find a pump that can be installed in my bathroom rather than the location of the tank and also to comply with warranty requirement for most Centrifugal pumps (that being connected to input pipe no more than 4M in length from the hot water supply), I have been pointed in the direction of a regenerative pump.

In particularly the Salamander CT Force 30
http://www.salamander-pumps.com/whole-house-pumps/salamander-force-3-tu-pump.html

This is as an alternative to http://www.salamander-pumps.com/whole-house-pumps/esp-100-cpv-twin-pump.html

The CT Force 30 can be installed in runs of up to 5M, but does seem noisier than the centrifugal pump.

Are there any downsides to a regenerative pump over the centrifugal one other than noise?

I assume I can blanket it in insulation to reduce that, providing it can get air flow for cooling.

I understand the technical differences, but not really any practical ones.

any thoughts or experience? A stuart turner isn't an option because they too have a max run of 4M.

Sponsored Links
Ok but 5m run from hot tank and no dedicated flange? 22mm cylinder feed too

Monsoon extra aren't twin impeller. Am I better with a monsoon and ignore the 4m limit? Cost isn't an issue as plumber told me salamander cost 500.

Sponsored Links
Right some details (and many thanks for your help btw)

Input: 22mm in to hot cylinder
distance from cylinder to pump ~5.5M (yeah I know thats a tricky one)
output: two showers (h+c), bathtub (h+c) and basin taps x 4 (hot only) mains cold

Previously we had:
1.5bar 15mm variable speed shower pump - it had a speed dial on top and was cheap and noisy
3 bar 22mm wickes brass for bath and shower.

horrible hans grohe taps everywhere with 10mm and 15mm connections (which is why I had to put pumps in) these have been replaced with mostly 15mm and 22mm conventional taps.

I'm paying a lot for this install over 4k per bathroom with me providing parts. and this is the quality of work.. which is why I'm being a bit anal..
27399961633_ee96b77144.jpg

27399961713_0aa4a2e0e9_z.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back