Regestration for carrying waste!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one. I have had through the post a letter from the Enviroment Agency saying that I need to be regiestered to clrar waste. As I understand if you clear old boilers and radiators away from jobs you should be registered.

I tend to let have a skip every couple of months which cost me £150.00 and now on top of this I have to pay £130.00 a year to the E.Agency. Why should I.

Has anyone else actually bothered to register or are you like me, put the letter on the bottom of the pile hoping it will go away.

Sponsored Links
Bottom of the pile.

I charge the customer for a mini skip or they remove their own.

On the odd occasion I have drove to the tip, maybe they think you are going there often enough to warrant a licence.

Softus said:
beermatt3 said:
... I have to pay £130.00 a year to the E.Agency. Why should I.
Because it is the law.

So, I need to register to carry waste material: gas valves, pcb's, aps, prv, fans and diaphrams.

And what about my own waste materials.

Sponsored Links
Gasman1015 said:
So, I need to register to carry waste material: gas valves, pcb's, aps, prv, fans and diaphrams.
'Fraid so.

Gasman1015 said:
Aw, you're just full of cr*p :evil:

Softus said:
Gasman1015 said:
'Fraid so.
Oh well, thats me breaking the law then, don't suppose anyone else does.

Softus said:
Gasman1015 said:
Aw, you're just full of cr*p :evil:

No more than the next man or woman.

Gasman1015 said:
No more than the next man or woman.
Too true - on that basis I ought to pay £1300 for what I carry around every day...

It WONT go away, the bassttards chased me round with threatening letters for five weeks, if you read the small print you have to have one to carry a bloody Mars bar wrapper if you ate it at work and then have it in your van, at
our local busines tip they insist on seeing your licence to let you tip, no wonder the countryside is littered with fly tipping

Use a CAR not a van and find a "friendly" tip or use different ones. My car, like myself, is full o` cr*p and I`m just off to the tip now.via the public loos ...I`m so tight I don`t even want to flush, we`re on a meter :LOL:

Save it up for customers header tanks.

I pay scrap men to clear away my jobs and carry the scrap they get less wages than I do so it's best use of labour... whether or not they have a license is theior problem, they're the ones carrying the waste... I even give them my mars bar wrapers.. yer right! If I just fix a boiler I leave the old part with the customer to prove I've changed it and I don't want it anyway of it's broken. I haven't had anyone complain at being given a scorched thermocouple or US gas valve.

If you pay others to remove your waste it's your responsibility to make sure they have the appropriate license. If it ends up getting fly-tipped and can be traced back to you you're the one that risks a fine or imprisonment. Ain't signed up to this yet as I haven't had a letter but it's only a matter of time I suppose. Score one more for the cowboys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back