waste license anyone?

Sponsored Links
Whilst on the topic guys.

Year before last I got pulled over by the police on the way home from work because my land rover was in a right tatty state because id been off roading the previous weekend.

They told me all a load of *******s that my vehicle wasnt safe (a load of rubbish because it had 12 months MOT ) because my bumper was abit lop sided, due to my off roading adventures. Big deal. Treating my like a criminal "sit in the car" trying to intimidate me ect which didnt work (by the way I was 19 at the time)idiots. Anyway they let me go on my way after a pointless stop and wasting my time. Having being unable to find anything to fine me over. Bet they felt stupid.

So off I go on my way to the gym. No word of a lie, less then 10 minuites later I got pulled over by TRADING STANDARDS. They had a vehicle checkpoint set up and were pulling all the diesel vans/tradesmen ect.

I couldnt believe it, two stops unless then 10 mins. SO the police arn't the only ones who can stop you. These guys were WORSE then the police and have more powers.

They DIPPED my vehicle. I was lucky as I had been using red the previous weekend!!!What are the odds though. And started telling me all this absolute bolloc*s about this and that.

Apparently my vehicle was too dirty ect Too dirty as it was plastered in mud. And what?? I mean they really have nothing better to do. Yeah well so's your wife mate.

Also as my bumper was bent (completely stable and secure, just abit bent) due to offroading. They told me I had to get my vehicle re MOT'D (even though I had just got it MOT'D the week before and it had 12 months) within 10 days or theyd take it off the road and crush it.

Absolute ****e*s I tell you. I was like mate its got 12 months MOT.

They didnt care though. Here I was, having done nothing wrong, with a perfectly safe vehicle getting buttfuc*ed by these idiots.

So eventually after about an hour off I go. Had to pay for a re MOT which past with no problems.

My point being. These pric*s are worse then the police and can do whatever they want basicly. And even though you may never have heard of it happening, people do get dipped.

Needless to say I was abit annoyed by the end of the day.

Good job I had no "waste" onboard or i guess they may have fuc*ed me for that aswell.

Rant over :D

BIGLou

.....and for every law abiding driver there's 500 twits who don't comply.

By the way did you say that you were only using red diesel the week before.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Trading Standards must have had police present otherwise why stop?

.....and for every law abiding driver there's 500 twits who don't comply.

By the way did you say that you were only using red diesel the week before.... :rolleyes:

I was, whilst off roading on private land ;)

Not really a plastering topic but the proven strategy with a policeman is mostly made up of the following phrases, which you can cut out and keep if you want.

" Yes Officer"
"No Officer"
"Thank you Officer"

have printed them and will cut them up and keep them in my van, can hand them to him when he quizzes me then, might put my logo and mobile number on it too in case he ever needs some plastering doing :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back