Kitchen Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

The bathroom is all done and working - thanks to loads of info from this site and it's members.

Now comes the kitchen...

We're moving the sink and washing machine, and adding a dishwasher when we fit the new kitchen.

The WMC will be approx 2.8m from the outside drain (trap?) - It currently has a stack pipe and I was going to use the same system on the new pipework (possibly using a HepVo Trap)

Question - What size pipe should I use for that distance? Should I use the HepVo?

The new sink will be on the outside wall, so I was going to bore a hole in the wall and run the waste straight out, then run it along the wall for approx 1.5m to reach the outside trap.
Maybe I should connect it into the WMC waste pipe that runs perpendicular to it approx 1.5m away, thus only having 1 waste pipe in the trap.

Question - What are your thoughts on that? Would that change the size of the WMC waste pipe?

The Dishwasher will be approx 2m away from the sink. Normally I would have connected it to the trap under the sink, but I think it's a bit far away for that.
Any ideas about the best way to run the waste for the Dishwasher? Maybe another stack pipe that connects to the Sink waste or the WMC waste?
Would I need a HepVo on this waste as well?

The final problem - The fridge will be between the WMC and outside wall - hence the waste for the WMC would either need to run behind the fridge (Not very attractive and makes the fridge stick out too far) or under the floor.
There is pleanty of room under the floor, but by the time I have enough fall on the pipe, the hole in the outside wall will be lower than the top of the trap outside. The exit for the waste would be approx 150mm above the current water level in the trap.

Question - Is this OK? If the trap blocks up, waste will presumably flow back along the waste pipe?

Thanks for your continued help...

Cheers
Trent

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back