Regulations concerning gradient of waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,can someone tell me if there any regulations concerning the gradients of waste pipes from sinks,baths and showers.What i'm trying to say is pipes cannot drain away uphill can they?

Sponsored Links
haveagoyourself said:
What i'm trying to say is pipes cannot drain away uphill can they?

You'll find its not regs that cover this one but common sense! :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks Bahco.A mate of mine had a plumber fit a new shower,sink and bath and he noticed that the waste pipes were flowing uphill until they came out of the wall,then they were on a small downhill gradient to the soil stack.When he suggested to the plumber that that didn't seem right and would he change it,the plumber refused and asked for his money or else.What can he do?

Can your mate not drop the pipes a little?

Quite straightforward to do and maybe make a lower hole in the wall.

If he has paid, he has no option
:(

Post back if you need any help :D

Sponsored Links
He possibly could, but the pipes have been boxed in behind skirting boards and as the work was entrusted to this so called expert why should he right somebody elses wrong!.No money has changed hands yet.Any suggestions?Thanks for your time Bahco.

Tell your friend to ask the cowboy to ensure a fall of 25 mm per 1 metre of waste pipe before requesting payment ;)

Thanks again Bahco i will pass on the suggestion but the cowboy has already said he won't be back,except to collect his money.

Tell him he ain't getting a penny until he puts it right...end off.

If he doesn't put it right within a reasonable time not only does he not get paid, but you can get someone else to do it and claim the cost back from the stoopid dork.
Call someone you can quote at him - Citizen's Advice, Trading Standards etc.
Get it in writing asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back