reillo g3 burner only runs with air intake pipe disconnected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

my warmflow oil boiler has a reillo g3 burner with a balanced flue, year 95.

the problem I have is it won't run with the air intake pipe connected as it seems to choak the burner but it runs fine with the pipe disconnected.
I have replaced the blast pipe o ring but made no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:eek:

Sponsored Links
You've a problem with the balance flue. Flue gasses are mixing with the intake air so not enough oxygen to keep the flame stable. At worst the flue needs replaced if still available.

I've seen a friend with a similar boiler with flue gases going up a chimmney flue and his air intake coming in seperately straight through a wall from the outside.
Would that be possible to do, keep existing straight through the wall flue for ex-gases and another new vent for fresh air?

Sponsored Links
Warmflow don't do the seperate air intake part now but yes you could do that if you want but fit a grill and duct to flexi. Mind and blank off the old intake from the flue on the top of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back