Reinforced insulation

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
With regard to this and similar posts by John in the past:

As I said, a high proportion of DI-marked (i.e. 'Class II') items appear to have only one layer of insulation, at least in relation to some live parts, so I can but assume that it has somehow been decided/determined that the material of the single layer qualifies as "reinforced" - but, as I also said, I've yet to see a definition!

Perhaps I and we should have noticed before but, looking at the thread on insulation tape has led me to 'discover' that there is indeed a definition of 'reinforced insulation' in Part 2 - BUT don't expect too much.

The relevant standard presumably is not available without a charge.

Sponsored Links
With regard to this and similar posts by John in the past: .... Perhaps I and we should have noticed before but, looking at the thread on insulation tape has led me to 'discover' that there is indeed a definition of 'reinforced insulation' in Part 2 - BUT don't expect too much.
I had, indeed, noticed that before, but I didn't even bother to mention it, since (as you imply), it does not really constitute what I would regard as a useful definition! (i.e. when I said that I had "yet to see a definition", I meant a useful definition!).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back