Reinforing Notched Floor Joist

Ok, I understand.

The weakened joist is on the corridor/landing there is not, nor is there going to be, anything of any weight resting on the weakened joist or the two joists on either side of it.

Sponsored Links
so you say you have a 3m span so i assume you have a wall on top of the span!!!

Yes, that's correct all three joists begin under a stud wall behind which is an airing cupboard and pass across the corridor/hallway underneath a second stud wall into an adjacent room. Inside that room there is nothing of weight on top of any of them. except the rug :D

[Inside the airing cupboard the joists change direction and the hot water cylinder sits atop those joists.]

I could have sworn I put that the joists passed underneath two stud walls in a previous post but looking back it's not there I must have deleted the paragraph. Sorry for the confusion :oops: !!!

Sponsored Links
the joists passed underneath two stud walls!

could be a godsend or a big problem!!!

if the stud wall is firmly screwed through the board into the weakend joist it will be giving it support via the 4 adjacent joists :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back