Rejigging messy downpipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a block of flats I look after we need to renew the downpipe which takes the water from the rear roof section. The valley area has flooded recently as the downpipe came uncoupled.

It is a pretty messy set up however with very few brackets. I hope you can see from the photos what I want to do.

I will make a better fall first off and have a longer 5m run in the valley. Not the 2 sections currently.

The downpipe then wraps around the building further and falls into a hopper. The valley outlet also tees into this pipe work going into the hopper.

I am planning on doing the same set up, but just towing it in better plus use new black.

Any tips? It would be nice to dump the water by the valley outlet but I just don’t think it’s big enough to take a big load of water, hence we have the ugly pipe work sticking out.

Attachments

• IMG_5732.jpeg
    IMG_5732.jpeg
    581.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5743.jpeg
    IMG_5743.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5742.jpeg
    IMG_5742.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
Having a think I am going to stick a hopper in at that corner and run a drain pipe down until I get lower to the ground and then angle across and drop into the down pipe round the corner. This will mean replacing that down pipe in black plastic as well (a job we were doing next year anyway).

It means I can service this pipe easier lower down as currently that pipe work is about 11m high up (there is a fire escape there but still it is hard to work it n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back