Relay To Prevent Loop?

EFLImpudence said:
That's not what you said.

Two switches then.

The OP has not given details on the application, but I don't think they are wall switches in the traditional sense; see his comment "Basically I have two lives which are switched digitally"

Sponsored Links
Yes, that may be so.

However the requirements seem to be changing.

Switch A - Gives Live to Appliance A
Switch B - Gives Live to Appliance A and B

The problem is that when Switch A is used, Live gets to Appliance B through its connection with Application A on Switch B.

I have no control over the switches so they can't be changed, I just have two feeds coming from them to make this work.

Unless Appliance B is dependent on Appliance A being on first and as well I do not see the need for your desired arrangement.
It is dependant, consider Appliance B as a booster for Appliance A - there would be times when you wouldn't need Application B.

It would be, except they are both independently controlled - either one of two lives will be live, never both.

I am referring to the two lives being independently controlled, not the appliances. Only one of the two lives will ever be energised at any one time, never both.

...this is why the simple solution of Switch A providing Switch B is a non starter.

I think you will have to give a better and more detailed description of what happens now and what you want to change.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back