Reliable combi boiler for a flat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My flat has a Ferroli Modena 80E combi boiler for the last 9 years but now has ‘boiler lock out’ light and start of each day have to reset to operate. So I take it it’s beyond economical repair?

Now I am thinking to replace it with a reliable make and model. As I have never purchased a boiler before since I bought the flat, which came with Modena boiler. It’s a purpose built ex-local authority flat in London with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and 1 toilet and a kitchen.

I am thinking of Valliant combis but don’t know which model is suitable and how much it would cost to install it. Does anyone know if there are any deals going on with it and how much roughly I would pay including installation?

Sponsored Links
ferolli optimax or ideal . downstairs will get get a free shower then. can't get more efficient than that.

Use the search hutton.

Most common questions on here.

Atmos InterCombi is the answer anyway. Much better thn the "sponsor the weather brigade "

sorry viessman dan. near 200 wb1b installed so far. on our 3rd year with em and only had 2 probs as yet.

Sponsored Links
Atmos InterCombi is the answer anyway. Much better thn the "sponsor the weather brigade "

Oh no! A better one is the Intergas. They have little extra bits on the heat exchanger!

Today, I lifted one with just one leg on a chair and then ( with two legs on the chair ) managed to hook it onto the wall bracket.

Tony

I'd be bloody amazed if he could hang a Viessman 200 on the wall on his own

So no one can say how much roughly it would cost to purchase and to fit?

Valliant and Worchester came out as the most reliable in Which Survey, surprised you guys are mentioning likes of Ferroli, which is not highly rated by users.

Valliant and Worchester came out as the most reliable in Which Survey, surprised you guys are mentioning likes of Ferroli, which is not highly rated by users.

Don't care what "which" say, neither are a patch on the Atmos or Intergas, don't suppose either are even in the which report.

Well I can but get criticised by others when I do.

If I was giving a telephone quotation then I quote £840 plus the cost of the boiler which for a 24 kW Intergas is about £900 I expect.

I dont waste my time visiting just to give free advice as that has to be paid for by other customers so would be unfair to them.

Many ex-council properties have installation issues like flues discharging across balconies etc. so a simple installation cannot be guaranteed. I normally cover those aspects by asking lots of questions on the phone when I give a telephone quote.

Tony

Have you thought of having the boiler fixed - or serviced - not the same thing?

By the way, if a Vitodens 200-W is found to be heavy, that may be seen as a measure of quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back