religion?

Sponsored Links
It was to do with boundaries. Not religion. And what about the Falklands conflict? What was that all about? Or Iraq invading Kuwait?

WW1 was a culmination of Imperialism, Militarism etc

But war was declared when Ferdinand was assissinated, The Serbians didnt like the fact that they where being taxed massively to build churches, so religion had a major part in the decleration of war.

Sponsored Links
It was to do with people being displaced. Just like the Balkan conflict of a few years ago. Just like Israel/Palestine.

But was triggered by what I what I originally wrote. Are you familiar with the Holy Alliance between Russia and Austria. That could also be seen as a major cause of World War 1.

True there are usually no single direct causes, but you will find religion has shown its face in most wars, particularly WW1 and WW2

They were about territory - fook all to do with religion. He didn't invade Poland to get at the churches - it was a land grab to get back what was lost in WW1

yes norcon it was

The american civil war was about a group of people who didn't like the idea of giving up their slaves.

We went war mongering in Afghanistan and got our butts kicked.
Was that religion?

They were about territory - fook all to do with religion. He didn't invade Poland to get at the churches - it was a land grab to get back what was lost in WW1

I'm talking about WW1, Hungary, Austria, Serbia etc

WW2 was caused by resentments from WW1, so in theory they where both triggered by religion.

Wars are always about land, power or resources. religion is just a handy label to drum up support for them.

http://www.historyonthenet.com/WW1/causes.htm

Where does it talk about religion?

The very first paragraph!

The first world war began in August 1914. It was directly triggered by the assassination of the Austrian archduke, Franz Ferdinand and his wife, on 28th June 1914

Religion was one of the many reason he was assissinated by the Serbian Black Hand group.

I'm not saying the war was caused solely by religion, but it is there in the background of many wars. Historians are still debating about the causes and why....but you can be assured religion was a factor.

We went war mongering in Afghanistan and got our butts kicked.
Was that religion?

People have short memory's Russia got their butts kicked there as well so what does Blair do ?

He should be strung up like Mussolini to say nothing of his secret tax affairs.

Since when has murder been religion. Stop digging mate.

wars are started these days by someone sitting in an office that dose not have to fight

Sponsored Links
Back