Relocate soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I’m looking for some advise on moving my soil pipe. We are planning to knock through our kitchen to our snug but the soil pipe runs right in the middle of the room as the previous owners had extended so just boxed it in. I have attached a photo to show what I would like to do. I want to move the soil pipe from the kitchen to the utility room this will mean taking the soil pipe from the right of the toilet to the left and taking it down to the utility. My diagram shows in black where the current soil pipe is and the pink where I’m hoping it can go, are we able to block it off at floor level and still use the vent out of the roof and take it the other way as shown? Thank you!

Attachments

• 9852C0C7-D522-449B-96B8-C96EB4D12F75.jpeg
    9852C0C7-D522-449B-96B8-C96EB4D12F75.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 228
Sponsored Links
Without knowing the building it’s impossible to say for sure but it’s likely you can reposition.

It would need to have 'fall', a constant minimum downward slope to prevent solid matter blocking it.

This will help with the fall -

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your local building inspector may offer free advice, worth it if their approval is required to any changes.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back