How much to move an internal soil stack outside?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a rough quote as to how much it would be to move an internal soil stack outside, I want to move it because I want to knock my kitchen into my utility room and put one bio fold door in the middle however the soil stack sits between the 2 rooms. It would need to be moved to the other side of the bathroom window which is about 1.2 m wide, the toilet can stay where it is and an external pipe running from the toilet to the new soil stack on a slight slant should be fine, the soil stack can then connect to the drainage which the washing machine currently uses, is there anything I've not thought of?

I have budgeted £2k for removing wall and RSJ and £1,500 for the kitchen door is this reasonable so how much then for the soil stack?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm not up to speed on drainage, BUT i seem to think that you should not run grey water i;e washing machine drain into sewer as this kills good bugs at treatment works.

I'm not up to speed on drainage, BUT i seem to think that you should not run grey water i;e washing machine drain into sewer as this kills good bugs at treatment works.

WHERE should you run the washing machine water then????? :rolleyes:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Can anyone give me a rough quote as to how much it would be to move an internal soil stack outside, I want to move it because I want to knock my kitchen into my utility room
I would check with Building Control Dept at the local council that moving the stack outside is permitted under Building Regulations.

Can anyone give me a rough quote as to how much it would be to move an internal soil stack outside,

How do you expect anyone to be able to give this a meaningful answer? You may as well ask how much to move England six inches to the left.

This used to be a DIY advice forum.

i have just had a quote to have this done, £450 . to move the soil pipe fro inside to outside, we wanted it doing to make space in the bathroom and the kitchen. £450 was with me digging out the ground aswell.
Got a mate round who is a bit handy and it cost me £85 and a few beers. To be honest its not a difficult as you may think. id be confident at doing it on my own next time.

i have just had a quote to have this done, £450 . to move the soil pipe fro inside to outside, we wanted it doing to make space in the bathroom and the kitchen. £450 was with me digging out the ground aswell.
Got a mate round who is a bit handy and it cost me £85 and a few beers. To be honest its not a difficult as you may think. id be confident at doing it on my own next time.
Get over to Yorks. and give the OP a hand ;)

How is the upstairs part of the fixing going to be done?

Does that include a new hole in the wall to connect the upstairs toilet to the outside?

I would have thought £1200 more appropriate if done off ladders! Thats not meant to be how its done now. So add £ 500 for scaffolding.

Does anyone know how my cheapo access tower features in safe access?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back