Relocating boiler control panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have honeywell 9400c control panel right next to our boiler housin. As part of new kit chen the tiling on all walls is to be removed and Boiler boxed in.

Can someone advice me what would be involved in removing the panel for removing tiles and then relocating the panel slightly away so Boiler cabinet can be installed.

Do I need a plumber or electrician to do this or a competent kitchen fitter can do this?
Ta

Sponsored Links
Not a difficult job, but not one I would entrust to a kitchen fitter (no offence to any kitchen fitters out there ;) ) Programmer needs to be unscrewed from wall, disconnected from it's wiring, then fixed in new location. Presuming it will be further away, so needs a longer piece of cable connected to programmer and connected to wherever the current cable runs to.

A heating bod, or at a push, a spark would be best choices.

Also, if you're putting cabinets, etc around boiler, you will need to leave the clearences specified in manufacturer's instructions around the boiler casing, etc. This allows servicing and repairs to be carried out.

If it's anything like my Potterton one it's not hard to DIY. Just like rewiring a plug, just with more wires. I made a careful note of which went where when I took it apart and then reassembled in the new location. It wasn't rocket science.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Do I need a plumber or electrician to do this or a competent kitchen fitter can do this?
Ta
Anything to do with plumbing & heating and all the controls associated with this, is always the job of a plumber/heating engineer.

There is no such qualification as "kitchen fitter" so be aware of this, ask them how they are qualified, if they call themselves this and only ever use them if you know of their history.

Common job title of convict's, ex military without honors, troublesome people etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back