Relocating texecom elite 24 panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, builders currently working in the house and need to remove airing cupboard wall to which texecom panel (not the keypad) is attached.
I have UDP code which enables engineer's menu, so thought i punch that in, open lid and remove panel from the wall without disconnecting from power source.

Will this work without triggering tamper alarm?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
putting the panel into engineers mode means you can open the lid without the tamper going off.

However you need to be aware that the panel is still connected to the mains and is therefore live.

Taking the panel lid off may not give access to all fixing points, you need to be aware that you may accidentally short the panel out by working on the unit with power to it.

Before removing it I would ensure your cabling if any is labelled and securely fastened, moving and not labelling/ securely fastened the cables may come lose when pulled slightly and you wont know where to reconnect them.

Thanks very much advice secureiam!
Already told them to be very careful with the wiring.

Will I be able to disconnect it from power and power up again when work done (basically leaving power wire connected to the box but disconnecting on the other side from power source) in engineer mode or this would require re-installing it by the engineer?

i would suggest an engineer.

the panel and bells need to be accounted for when disconnecting two separate options and depending on which bell boxs you have will depend on which options you have to do it without annoying the neighbours.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

contacted my alarm company several times, was told lead engineer would call me back but he didn't ... Not happy at all but don;t have much time now panel is in the way now after wal has been removed, so has to be relocated in a cupboard about 1.5m away...
Seems power cable and everything else will have to be disconnected and reconnected which seems like a very complicated job.

I found panel installation manual - is there any way I can do this myself with taking pictures of what connected to terminals, labelling cables and reconnecting again?

As mentioned before I have engineer code, Alarm components listed below:
Texecom premier elite 24
Texecom pc com
Texecom premier elite keypad
External bell box and dummy
Magnetic contact to front door
4 PIR's

These are all hard wired and how far are they moving.

I would get an engineer to ensure its done correctly.

completely down power, isolate the bell into hold off if possible.

disconnect the cables, at the panel move the panel and reconnect, take pictures and label things will work.

It depends on how well good you are with cables etc. Given the questions your asking I seriously would consider an engineer.

Where about's are you based maybe someone on here can be of assistance to get it done properly.

Not as simple as I thought. By power down panel you mean disconnect battery as well as mains?

I will try to contact my installer again but would very much appreciate any help from members here, I am in Eltham, SE9.

Ok, finally managed to get hold of the guy, they should come on Thursday to sort it out and fit more PIR's (my own).

Secureiam, thanks very much for saving me from ruining my alarm system by doing poor DYI ... will also ask them to set-up panel so that it can notifications via IP com / Texecom server to the up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back