Relocating toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning guys

I'm just pulling out our old downstairs bathroom and digging out a channel to extend the soil pipe so we can relocate the toilet.

Seems like a straightforward job... however, I didn't realise that the soil pipe enters the building under the dpm.

My plan was to dig down to the soil pipe level remove the existing 90 deg bend, and attach a coupling to the straight section of soil pipe.

However, while digging down the first section of channel, I've hit the dpm.

From what I can see I have two options. Cut the pipe back after the 90deg, and add another effectively creating an S bend with the two angles, and run the pipe on top of the dpm. I'm not 100% convinced that's the right way to do it...I think getting the correct fall will be tricky.

Alternatively, I dig through the dpm and try to repair afterward. What are your thoughts on this? How easy is it to repair a channel cut through the dpm? It'll be approx 3m long in total

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Cut through your dpm and repair it once you've finished. You can use a liquid dpm if it makes it easier to make the repair.

Cut through your dpm and repair it once you've finished. You can use a liquid dpm if it makes it easier to make the repair.

Thanks, that seemed like the best option to me as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back