Sealing soil pipe passing through damp proof membrane (DPM)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm replacing the concrete floor in my ground floor toilet. Where the soil pipe went through the old DPM there was just a hole cut in it, roughly the size of the pipe and that was it. Our local Building Control want a sealing collar installed that sticks to the new membrane and the existing soil pipe.

The collar can either be a bought preformed one or made from a spare piece of membrane. Can anyone advise me how to make the collar from a spare piece of membrane and or tell who make the preformed ones?

Kind regards.

Sponsored Links
I dare say 95% of houses ever built since membranes were introduced have been done like that.

Never heard of a problem happening myself, but all you have to do is get va square of DPM, wrap it round the pipe leaving enough to connect to original membrane (prob. have to slit it here & there) and tape it altogether and tape around the pipe too. (making sure everything is dry first) Should keep BC happy (ish!)

to OP, what happened in the end with your DPC, I have similar issue with a 38mm PVC waste pipe going through DPC.
I thought to line the hole with heavy-duty bitumen paint or something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back