Relocation of Boiler & Cyclinder - help!

PKG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking to relocate my existing bolier and hot water cyclinder as part of building works to my house.

To free up space in the batroom (both items currently back into bathroom area) I'm looking to move them into the loft area next to teh cold water tank. Is this possible? Are there any rules & regs that mean I can't have them placed there?

The other option is to place the boiler & cyclinder into an area under the stairs. However would this cause any water pressure problems particualry as I'm looking to install a power shower? Is there any fast rules I should work by? Sorry for all Q's....... plumbing's never been a strong point of mine!!

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
make lift easy and fit a combi.

or

change your system to pressurised hot water, great for showers.

Yep go for a combi as long as your mains pressure is decent, get a decent one something like a worcester 35Cdi or equivalent, steer clear of cheap crap and I personally wouldn't go for a condenser but I'm sure others will say different.

Sponsored Links
Be aware of ALL combi shortcomings before binning your cylinder. Mostly you need a vg mains supply, and even then you can't use a hot tap if someone's in the shower without them complaining.

Cyl in loft - problems because the main CW tank has to be a clear 1m above it. You then make floor, light, frost prot etc. cyl under stairs no prob, pressure is determined by heignt of CW tank in loft. Boiler under stairs no prob - except space for servicing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back