Relocating Combi boiler in bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm redecorating my bathroom and in process of doing so my wife and I have decided that our boiler will have to be moved from one wall ( internal )
to another wall ( external ) reason for it is, that flue pipe going from one end of bathroom too another. So all together it's leaving me with few options:

First: not to relocate the boiler but move flue through out the attic. cost - ???

Second: relocate old boiler ( worcester 28i RSF ). cost - £400 - £500

Third: relocate and buy new boiler. cost - £1500 - £1700

So I'm looking for some help:

First option: how much it could cost to move flue pipe straight up from boiler through out the attic outside, distance is about 2 meters and is it doable?

Second option: our boiler is 13 years old, is it worth to relocate without buying new boiler?

Third option : look option two.

Thank you for any advice.

Sponsored Links
It is not advisable to relocate a non condensing boiler over 10 years old and somewhat questionably legal anyway.

Fitting a vertical flue could cost about £200-£300 if you are able to find an RGI to fit it either from inside or off a ladder from outside. Thats if you can find a suitable vertical flue for such an old boiler.

Strictly it really needs scaffolding!

Tony

Its very unlikely that you will be able to find any flue components for your boiler now as they have been obsolete for years so your only options with the existing boiler will have to use the flue components that you already have , a replacement boiler you can do whatever you want but keep in mind that a replacement will require a condensate drain which your existing one doesnt

Sponsored Links
I am always impressed that Worcester do seem top provide better spares support for their older boilers.

Furthermore their parts are also often more reasonably priced.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back