Remeha Avanta 15v howling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had an Avanta 15v fitted for just over a month now, on a micro bore system. The plumber fitted a magna clean and did flush the system. We have since had a blocked radiator which I tackled the other day (drained system and found dirt in rad valve, all OK now). I refilled with x100 and x200 (not quite sure why, now), and since then the boiler howls when it gets up to top fan speed. I'm really worried that it was the addition of the x200 that may have caused this. I can't tell if the howling noise is the fan or whether it is kettling, but then if it was kettling wouldn't it be all the time?[/b]

Sponsored Links
No reason why X200, or any approved additive, should cause the noise.

As the boiler has only been in for a month, you should get the installer back and get him to sort the problem.

Many thanks for the reply. I have noticed since I posted that the noise has quietened considerably. Looking at other posts concerning 'howling' it has been mentioned about the additives foaming in the heat exchanger. When I added the additives to the F&E tank I did notice a slight foaming on the surface and I am certain that this was probably the cause. Once again many thanks for looking at the post.

One thing you could check is the small feed and expansion tank in the loft.

It must be placed so the water level in the tank is at least one metre above the top of the boiler. Also the bend in the vent pipe, which goes over the tank, must be at least 450mm above the water level.

Sponsored Links
If I had installed a boiler then I would not want to hear that the owner had been doing his own system repairs and adding his own choice of chemicals without reference to me!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back