Remeha Avanta Plus - E5/E4 and flue problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help? I've got a Remeha Avanta Plus boiler which conked out showing both E5 and E4 - i've had an engineer change the filling loop (which I think was E4) and i've now been told it's not getting enough air and it's due to my flue (see photo). When the engineer had the case off, it ran fine - when he put it on, it conked out!

full

Before I mess around fixing the flue - just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and how they fixed them?

Thanks,
M

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't be messing around with the flue at all - it should only be fixed by a Gas Safe Registered engineer

Had you never noticed the flue is defective?

Boiler flues are part of the combustion process and consequently not suitable for DIY repairs.

One hopes the engineer you had there was Gas Safe registered. But why did he not proceed to deal with the flue problem?

Tony

Sponsored Links
why did he leave it like that ? especially if he knew he had problems with the air intake , is the engineer coming back once materials sourced ?
or do you think you could sort the issue yourself hence the reason why he didn't sort the problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back