Remote control of boiler flow temperature?

Any of these should be able to help you

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I think I want the opposite of Madrab. I would want to have the heating go off when the DHW comes on.

So, just to make sure I've got it! In theory, I could set a DHW flow temperature of 80C (which I would probably leave set permanently). In this scenario, the heating is currently on, and at this particular time I've got the heating flow set at 45C. I turn the DHW on. The heating switches off automatically. The DHW comes on at a flow of 80C, until the cylinder is satisfied (max 35 mins here). And then the DHW turns off and the heating comes back on with a flow of 45C? (And I don't need WC or OT).
You should make sure that YOU can set the DHW primary water temperature, don't know why you need to do this as you want to heat your HW cylinder as rapidly as possible and then get back to CH duty running with the possibility of very low flow temps= very low return temps=condensing=very high boiler efficiencies.
I think most boilers with PHWD automatically increase the boiler temp to 80C òn change over to DHW but don't give a option for changing this.

You should make sure that YOU can set the DHW primary water temperature, don't know why you need to do this as you want to heat your HW cylinder as rapidly as possible and then get back to CH duty running with the possibility of very low flow temps= very low return temps=condensing=very high boiler efficiencies.
I think most boilers with PHWD automatically increase the boiler temp to 80C òn change over to DHW but don't give a option for changing this.
Intergas let you select up to 90°C flow temp for cylinder heating

Sponsored Links
I didn't realise most PDHW boilers did that. 80C by default would be perfect!

Xclusive, if you can get one. Currently out of stock at HQ but should be back in a week or two apparently. Does need to be fitted to a sealed system though so if you need to stay open vented then the ECO RF or OV will suit you. Modulation isn't quite as good on those but they can run OV, whereas the Xclusive can't

Xclusive, if you can get one. Currently out of stock at HQ but should be back in a week or two apparently. Does need to be fitted to a sealed system though so if you need to stay open vented then the ECO RF or OV will suit you. Modulation isn't quite as good on those but they can run OV, whereas the Xclusive can't
Thanks. I would never have thought about using a combi as a system boiler!

I've now read the manual and they explain it all in a way even I can understand.

Last edited:
If you range rate the heating, what happens when it switches to DHW to the cylinder - does the DHW still come on at 100% output?

Yes, DHW stays at 100% (or whatever you set it to, actually). Intergas boilers have a huge range of configuration options. You can set target temperatures in 1°C increments, minimum and maximum pump speeds in 1% increments, minimum and maximum power in 1% increments with different power settings at both ends for CH and DHW, plus a lot more

Does the "normal" Intergas Combi still have no diverter valve which is one other item less to give trouble?.
Intergas doesn't seem to be hugely popular in the UK and I don't know anyone around here with one.

Does the "normal" Intergas Combi still have no diverter valve which is one other item less to give trouble?.
Intergas doesn't seem to be hugely popular in the UK and I don't know anyone around here with one.
We (I work in social housing) started fitting them circa 2017 and we fit the eco rf 30, which doesn’t have a diverter, and I’m led to believe none of the Intergas boilers have them.

I've read that some (most?) boilers go 5C over the set point before turning off. Does that mean this boiler would get up to 95C?

I've read that some (most?) boilers go 5C over the set point before turning off. Does that mean this boiler would get up to 95C?
No, Jonathan, any boiler that can continuously run at any SP can't have the control (SP) and the burner cut off at the same value, for obvious reasons, the boiler will modulate up or down to maintain the SP, if the heat demand falls below the boiler minimum output then the flow temperature will (have to) rise above the SP and when it reaches SP+5C, it trips the burner and the circ pump continues to run. When the flow temp falls to SP-5C the burner is enabled and will fire up when the anticycle time has elapsed.

Oil fired boilers which continuously cycle have burner trip at the SP and burner enablke at SP-hysteresis, nomally 10C.

Edit but yes to yout query as its SP+5, IE 95C

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back