Remote Controlled Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have been looking around for some remote sockets that have the facility of one socket that can be controlled via two remotes - all the lower end of the market devices appear to be restricted to a "pairing" which will not allow this.

If such a device exists, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I use the 'Home Easy' remote systems.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BYRON-Home-Ea...60768521015?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item3cb703db37

You can use up to 3 remotes for each socket receiver, and control multiple sockets with the same zone. They are for sale in B&Q along with extra remotes or there are some on eBay too, do a search - home easy remote, or just buy 2 packs. You can also get timer remotes & a load of other accessory.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Might also be something in the X10 range. (An open standard for home automation)

Sponsored Links
Remote controlled sockets should not be used for things like fan heaters or other items which could create a fire hazard if switched on by accident when un-attended.

Asda do three for a fiver, I haven't used them myself but I have seen them in use to control plinth lighting and have performed OK for over two years.
I agree with bernardgreen as regards accidental switching.

Asda do three for a fiver, I haven't used them myself but I have seen them in use to control plinth lighting and have performed OK for over two years.

I've tried these, don't know if its the case with all of them but each time power is removed from the receiver its needs 'pairing' with the remote again, which was inconvenient...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back