Remote Fill Point for Oil Tank

S

sturharv

Has anyone any links or details on remote fill point units that can be used on oil installations? I believe you can install it onto the end of the oil pipe so the tank can be located further away.

Sponsored Links
I have seen these, as I'm sure you have, fitted to steel tanks, and they just seemed to be an extension of the filler in 2" steel pipework, capped at the fill end. I don't know how they would be fitted to a plastic tank, but I guess it's possible.

However regs have rightly tightened up. At a guess (as I can't see any offered for sale) and at the very least you would need a mini-bund at the fillup end to catch spills, and some device to auto-stop the fillup if the tank is full.

They have remote fillers at commercial premises. Why not give your oil supplier a call and ask to talk to their tank installer, or talk to an installer directly?

I have seen these, as I'm sure you have, fitted to steel tanks, and they just seemed to be an extension of the filler in 2" steel pipework, capped at the fill end. I don't know how they would be fitted to a plastic tank, but I guess it's possible.

However regs have rightly tightened up. At a guess (as I can't see any offered for sale) and at the very least you would need a mini-bund at the fillup end to catch spills, and some device to auto-stop the fillup if the tank is full.

They have remote fillers at commercial premises. Why not give your oil supplier a call and ask to talk to their tank installer, or talk to an installer directly?

Thanks, I'll contact the oil supplier directly. What is the maximum distance usually required between the oil tank and supply wagon, do most of the hoses tend to be around 30m.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is a max, within reason. Another question for the oil suppliers. A friend delivers oil for a living and he sometimes has to link hoses for some distance, but it isn't likely to put the delivery driver in a good mood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back