Remote floodlight?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing as a remote security floodlight?
I'm wanting to fit an exterior floodlight the the top front of my garage pointing at the drive but i don't want a PIR as there's an alley next to the drive so the light will go on everytime some1 walks there dog down there.
I'm wanting 1 with a remote fob so i can switch it on when i'm at the bottom of the drive before reversing up (20 metres) and for when i'm walking to the garage to get the car.
Idealy 1 of these with a 60second delay would be ideal

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Think there is actually, you might find something on a security website.

You can get remote control plug in adapters which can be used to supply the light but would not be suitable outside

Can you not mount a separate PIR low down so that it looks at your driveway but not over the fence or whatever into the alley?

most PIR's come with a stick on "mask" to limit it's sight lines.. it may take a bit of fiddling but you can mask out the alleyway but still keep the drive in sight of the PIR..

Sponsored Links
Induction loops to sence the car are cheap, but require embedding in the drive.

Infrared beems are also very cheap these days, and will require the car to drive through them.

Remote contolled boards in IP enclosures are also available, typically a remote fop with 4 buttons and the PCB board has 4 relay outputs, switchable internally during setup for pulsed or latching output.

You really just need to google, and look at security web sites in particular.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back