External lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to add a couple of external lights to the outside of the garage, 1 next to the side door on a PIR so it comes on when i walk towards the door, this will be a bulkhead type.
The other light i'm wanting is to fit above the front which lights the driveway, idealy this would be a remote light which i can switch on when walking to open the door and to switch on/off when at the end of the drive (20ft), a PIR wouldn't be great as people walk past the drive and could be setting it off all the time

1. Where can i buy a remote light for the front?
2. Can i put a plug on the wires and plug them into a socket inside the garage (garage has its own fuse box) or do they have to be wired in direct to the box?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly you could put them on plugs, but why? If a jobs worth doing! Secondly you can adjust the pir so it only picks up on your drive and not the street. You should also be aware that any outside light installation would be notifiable.(not too sure about plug ins) could be a grey area.

Firstly you could put them on plugs, but why? If a jobs worth doing! Secondly you can adjust the pir so it only picks up on your drive and not the street. You should also be aware that any outside light installation would be notifiable.(not too sure about plug ins) could be a grey area.

I though plugs as i'm not a sparky but can wire a plug, this would be the easiest way for me to do it myself

Reading some posts i assumed i'd have to notify it there was more wiring to the outside? i'm running the wires through the walls almost directly behind the lights (i know about running cable up/down to stop water running down cables into sockets)?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back