Multiple external lights (with intergrated PIR's).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, I currently have an external light outside my front door with an integrated PIR which works great, but as the path runs along down the side of the house, and now have a lovely new block paving path, i also want to add another light with PIR at the end of the house so that both lights will switch on if either someone leave the house via the frontdoor or walks up the path to the house.

I have been searching the web and there is lots of chatter about doing this with seperate PIRS, but nothing with intergrated PIRS. What would be the best way to do this? The existing external light has a switch inside the house to turn power on/off to the light.

Sponsored Links
You'd need to open up both lights and connect the outputs from the two PIRs together.

As BAS says. The issue is that for integrated PIR/lights, the actual PIR output is not always available. That is why most people use separate PIRs for this sort of application.
Note that you would need three core and earth cbale to connect the two together.

Wire thim like this (thanks Bernard)
full

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back