Multiple pirs and multiple override switches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watching flameports useful videos on pir and override switches I wondered if it’s possible to have multiple pirs and multiple override switches?

the scenario is a long house with outdoor lights on the permittee controlled by pirs and the requirement for an override switch at either end of the property.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are the PiR separate to lights, or are they built into the lights?

Does each PIR bring on ALL the lights?

Sponsored Links
One thing to think about is how exactly you want the override switches to behave? do you want them wired in parallel so either override switch forces the lights on and you have to cancel an override from the same location you set it from? or do you want them wired up as two way switches which would let you cancel an override applied at one end from the other end, but may make it difficult to tell if the PIRs are currently overrides.

The pirs are standalone steinel sensors and all outdoor lights are to be controlled in tandem
In that case you probably only need one 'over-ride switch (to activate all of the lights 'in tandem'), don't you?

... or am I misunderstanding what you want?

Kind Regards, John

Thanks all and sorry for the slow reply, I've had a change of plan and have a question about GJD dygizone.

I'd like to hide the control panel element in a cupboard and have the override switches around the house for the respective zones.

Can anyone advise how these are connected in? I believe a simple light switch can be used?

Thanks all and sorry for the slow reply, I've had a change of plan and have a question about GJD dygizone.

I'd like to hide the control panel element in a cupboard and have the override switches around the house for the respective zones.

Can anyone advise how these are connected in? I believe a simple light switch can be used?
I could be wrong, but it seems that the "digyzone" requires at least one "4 Zone Expansion Unit" which contains the Relays which actually do the job of turning on the lights.

Whether this Expansion Unit is required or not, from any such "switching" relay (in the Main Unit or Expansion Unit), the "Normally Open" terminal of this relay can be connected - by a 240 V Light Switch wired to the associated "Common" Terminal (to which the "Line" voltage is already connected) - to provide an "Override Function" - via a one pair 230/240 V cable, rated at at least the Current carrying capacity of the Circuit Breaker feeding the set-up. (Probably, 6 A.)

Yes it does require either a single 4 zone mains switching unit or 2 x 2 zone units

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back