Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all
my scenario is as follows

i want to have in my garden,

1 set of six lights leading down the pathway
a few decking LED lights in my decking
1 x PIR with an override so i can switch it on and off ( ?? possible ??)

i also want the following

i will explain this the best way i can

i want like 3 light switches in the kitchen next to my back door that i can switch the decking / pir / pathway lights on and off

is there a way to do this

points to note

-led lights have a transformer that i believe needs to be inside
-i know a pir can have override on can i have override off also like a three way switch?
- anyone got any examples of a switching panel of some sort.

Sponsored Links
Hi little house, i think you might be asking too much in one go on this one.

You don't say what the PIR is for. You want a set of six lights, some decking lights, so thats two circuits. Then you go on to say you want a third switch for the PIR. Why is that? Do you want to the PIR to control both sets of lights, if that is the case, why do you want 3 switches?

Everything you ask can be done by the way so its no problem, you have just asked a lot thats all.

Some pirs have the facility to turn them on for 8 hours at a time, so you have to read the instructions and see which one suits. I am not sure why you would want to override the pir to turn it off, and i'm not sure they make one that does that. But it's no problem just switch the live out to the pir off at the switch and that will do that one. If it is because you are worried about it coming on during the day then they also make pir's that have daylight control so it wont come on when it is light.

If you have no knowledge of electrics, or very limited knowledge of electrics, maybe you should get a sparky round to take a look and explain it all. With outside lighting and circuits, although simple to those who know, you have to take a few things into consideration. For example where are you going to run all the cables, the answer to that will mean finding the cable that suits. Do you have a place for the transformer inside? if not you can purchase a waterproof box and mount it somewhere out of the way.

Basically there are too many variables just to give you straight answer. But the long shot of it is that yes you can achieve what you are after, but you might need to get someone in to help/install it all.

Anyone else want to jump in on this one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back