Remote key pad Veritas 8 Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a replacement Veritas 8 panel, no problem with installation however the remote key pad does not bleep time down when alarm is being set from it, but there are audible bleeps when 4 digit user code is being inputted. I have reprogrammed main panel to use old sounds but this make no difference. There are only four wires to remote, I have checked and these are connected correctly, I have also adjusted the pot inside panel but this makes absolutely no difference. With defunct panel I did get audible bleeps but these were very quiet, there was nothing I could do to increase volume.

Before I buy a new remote key pad would be grateful for any help/advice/suggestions.

Many thanks for reading this

Sponsored Links
Is it a onboard with an extra keypad or blank endstation and keypad ? Is it a new keypad on a old panel or new pcb on old keypad ?

Hi sparkymarka
The main panel is new, a direct replacement for the old panel, Veritas 8 zone with on board key pad. The remote keypad is the one that's been installed for many years, it's this remote that's not working correctly

Sponsored Links
That all seems ok , probably new keypad needed I've had keypads not give out entry tones when it's very old pcb with new keypads

volume control on main unit pcb?

unfortunately there is the odd quirk in compatibility

Thank you for your response, I've ordered a new unit, should be here tomorrow, take it that the pot on original unit has different resistance to current models?

no idea to be honest and but the pot is just the internal panel speaker I believe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back